Saturday, August 11, 2012

The day of my surgery 02

When I woke up, it was 3:15 in the afternoon. I was wondering what happened to my surgery. It should have only been two hours.

The surgery went well. What happened was, after slicing and placing my upper jaw to new position, the surgeon realized there was some waggle. So he had to take off screws and redo everything. That was one thing. Then, my jaw joint. He explained to my husband that normally there is a place where upper jaw and lower jaw click to fit. But for some reason, my bottom jaw was too shallow that he had a hard time finding the perfect position. Also, something happened and my surgery was bumped to 8:30. So those are the reason why I was waking up in the recovery room at 3:15 p.m.

I was feeling pretty good at the point. Only thing that really hurt was pulling out the tube from my nose. Other pain was managed through IV. My face was of corse swollen. One thing I didn't realize from watching other people's videos were my throat was swollen, too. And that made me hard to breathe and swallow. One point during this time, I felt chocked and panicked that there was no air way anywhere. My nose were stuffy, and my throat was swollen, and my mouth was shut. I struggled to call nurse. After that I don't remember. I think I was really panicked. I only remember I was moving arms and legs really hard to call attention to nurse. When I realized, I was okay. So I might have fainted or something.
That was the worst part, then after that was stable. They gave me steroid to keep swell under control and that seemed to work like a magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment