Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 8 --- Consequence?

Maybe I was too active too soon. The night of August 8th, I had a bad nose bleed, and didn't stop. I was freaked out! First, I felt something went down my throat. Some chunky thing that hard to swallow. Then blood started to flood out of my right nose. Yes, that stuffy nose. Not the nose with tube during the surgery. I quickly got up to go to the sink to wash, but just keep pouring which was scary. I woke up my husband to help me because I didn't know what to do.

He told me to plug it with tissue paper. I tried it, but blood was coming down so much so fast if I did that blood went down my throat. I couldn't swallow that much blood now I was gagging. It was hard to even gag with closed mouth. I couldn't spit out, so felt like I was chocking myself. After struggling sometime, changing bloody tissue paper every 5 seconds, it stopped.

At this point, I was freaked out. So we called the doctor. It was in the middle of the night. So on call nurse took our message, and that was that. The doctor's office called to make sure if I was okay the next morning. But already blood was stopped, so nothing was done.

But after this incident, more frequently I had nose bleed, and it was all bad. I got a little more efficient myself to stop it, but each time it scared me. Also, my plugged ear wasn't improving. So those are two major concerned I had for my first doctor's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment