Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pre-Op Preparations

I've having my braces for a year and 9 months. I started when I'm 42, and now I'm 44. First, I didn't think I would go through this jaw surgery thing. It was too scary as a mother of two little girls. But because I had an open bite, having braces doesn't fix all. Not only that, braces showed the worst look stood out! After several moths into this, I figured that I just have to go through all the way. It was a big decision. Also I had to change my insurance, and having taken four wisdom teeth which costed me $2,500. But I got time. So everything was ready for the day.

Also, because everyone wants to have surgery in summer, only two available dates were given to choose from. My orthodontic dentist gave me "go" the end of May, then I called dental surgeon right a way. They gave me either June 6th, or July 31. So I picked July 31, just because I had more time to prepare. If I didn't take either date, it would have been in September.

Two weeks prior to my surgery, I had a last check up with my surgeon. My surgery is upper jaw surgery, and expected to be done in about two hours. He took two impressions of my teeth, upper and lower, which weren't pleasant experience because I have really bad gag reflex, but it was done okay. Then again I saw him the day before to check up my hooks on my braces, and last minutes questions.
He was very calm meticulous type which made me feel good about my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment