Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 10 --- First doctor's appointment after the surgery

I had my doctor's appointment in the afternoon of August 10th. After my nose bleed on August 8th, I was freaked out, so I was taking it easy for a day. But again, I drove myself to my doctor's appointment. Just because no one was available. In other words, I felt good enough to drive.

My doctor (surgeon)'s appointment went well. They took X-ray and my teeth were perfectly lining up! That's good to see. He changed my rubber bands for less, although my mouth is still shut. He said everything is going well, and I look fantastic. I thought I was in trouble driving there by myself, but the nurse said to me that "Great! that means you feel good!" So I was okay. Most of my swell went away, so if no one knows what happened, I looked pretty normal outside.

I asked about my concerns:

Nose Bleed: he said not always happened, but it happens to some people since my surgery was right below my nose line. He said it will all heal eventually.

Numbness: Same.. it will probably come back in a few weeks.

Ear plugged: Same.. as scar tissue heals, it will go away. Probably still swollen inside which might be pushing ear tube. So not to worry.

Okay, so nothing to worry. Good.


BUT. The same day in the evening, my nose started to bleed, and I almost fainted.
I had something in my throat that didn't go down. I was trying to swallow, then blood started to flood in to my throat. I pressed my nose but not too hard, because I couldn't swallow too much. That made more blood to come out. At the end, I probably lost too much blood. When I tried to get up, I felt really dizzy and had to lay down right there. I was also having trouble breathing. Because my nose were both plugged, and something in my throat, if I swallow, I felt blood came back up in my nose. So I panicked. My husband told me "you are breathing." but in my head, I couldn't breathe. Maybe because of that dizziness, I couldn't think it strait. After calming down, I just lay on my bed and slept for a while. I couldn't breathe through my nose, so I breathed through my mouth which was also hard.

In the morning, I was extremely dry. I drunk some water by the bed, still a little dehydrated. Because I had been drinking something at least every two hours, but after nose bleed around 8:00 at night, I went to sleep. I slept okay, though. Because I wasn't breathing through my nose, my nose were dried, too, which probably helped to close whatever opened up in my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment