Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 17 --- Second Doctor's visit after surgery

Everything went well. He checked me, and changed my rubber bands. I asked him to let me brush my teeth before putting another rubber bands, and he did. So I felt so much better! I also could open my mouth a bit more. That makes it a bit easier for me to drink soup and stuff. I'm a little sore, though. When I tried to open my mouth to brush, around my jaw joint hurt. I guess it's still healing. I could eat pretty well, some soup and shakes. But all my teeth are sore from brushing and swallowing. Maybe that's why the doctor said "next week, you can start eating some soft food such as mashed potato. You've been doing so well, so just wait a little longer" I guess over doing is always going backwards. I can wait. I thought I would loose more weight, but I only lost 4lbs. total, which isn't too much. Oh well. That's okay, I guess. I'm wondering now that things are settling down, if my bite will be really perfect, and my smile will look better than before? I saw X-ray picture of my teeth, and that looked pretty good. But my smile is somewhat not natural. Maybe I'm not used to my new shape of teeth and mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment