Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 1 --- Adjusting Home

I was discharged in the afternoon of August 1, 2012. Before leaving the hospital, I tried to drink vanilla shake and chicken broth. Surprisingly, I could drink out of straw, and cup. However, it was difficult, so I didn't drink very much of either drink.

Adjusting pain medicine was okay. The pain medicine seemed to work, although not as well as the one they gave me through IV. Probably because there was no steroid which worked wonderfully for swell.
I had a pain medicine, antibiotic, Sudafed for sinus, and nose sprays. I didn't like any of those tastes, but hey what can I do? One thing is that I wish Sudafed would work better!

I've had stuffy nose, and Sudafed didn't really gave me much relief. Nose sprays were the same way. I could feel it cleaned for a second, then went back the same way. My right ear was plugged which added some annoying factor.

Diet: I drank water, juice, v8, protein shakes, regular shakes, smoothies, broth, and anything that I felt like. Drinking wasn't too bad. Most of time I used a straw, but I could also drink from cup.

Hygiene: often I read "do not use Water Pic" but I asked my surgeon and he said it was okay. So I've been using Water Pic ... only for kids version which has gentle cycle to clean my mouth whenever I want with water and mouth wash solution. If feels pretty good outside, getting yucky inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment