Monday, September 3, 2012

Do I like wider smile.. after $14,500?

This is almost stupid to think after all these braces and surgery done now, but cannot help thinking, is this really working? Do I like new look? My braces costed me about $8,000. Then for preparation of surgery, I had to take four wisdom teeth which costed me $2,500. The surgery was covered by insurance after some co-pay and stuff of $3,500. Pre surgical check up is $500. So total of $14,500!

What my problem was over bite and open bite. The dentist told me that my lower jaw didn't grow in the same rate as upper jaw. Then upper jaw went forward, didn't have lower jaw support, so turned V shaped. When I looked at my old picture, my face was very narrow, and in the way skinny. I see two of my front teeth when I smiled. Now my teeth lined up, my smile became wide. They said it looks good. I hope it does. But in the way, my mouth looks bigger now. My face became slightly short, too, after surgery, so that also make my face look wider than before. I don't know what to think about this. I guess I have to get used to it, and when my braces are off,  it will be all right. I hope. Any thoughts? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment