Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 42 (6 weeks) --- Braces Off???

Today was Orthodontic Dentist Appointment after the surgery.

This is actually the second appointment since surgery. But first one, they didn't do anything, just peaked. So this is the real appointment after the surgery, and I got unexpected offer... He said "I can take off your braces off today! WHAT??? I said. I thought he's going to do some fine tune up after this, and it would take another 6 month or so. TAKING OFF BRACES??? and he said "yes, because your bites look perfect and nothing more for me to do." WOW! I wasn't expecting this. So I was surprised and happy. I thought I was wearing braces until Christmas time or something.

What did I do? well, there is one thing I wasn't happy with, which was my front teeth. There was a tiny gap near gum area. That started a while ago.. the position of braces on the front teeth weren't quite lining up and made a gap. I had to leave it for a few months because The ortho dentist told me that could be fixed later. But because it left it a while, my gum was going up a little, and made a gap. After a few months, I bothered him for that gap, and he readjusted one brace on that tooth. It seemed to resolve the situation, but left the gum went up and stayed.

So when he mentioned to take off braces, I was concerned not to have this problem fixed. As a result, he sanded one side of my front tooth to come closer to the other one. He said that tooth had round edge, and not really same shape with the other tooth, so it doesn't want to go very close. I personally think this isn't a problem of teeth, but my gum is the problem. But I guess once your gum receding, nothing you can do. I don't know. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Anyway, so he sanded my tooth to come together with another front tooth, then tight it up, put back wires, and decided to wait another 4 weeks. Then if everything look okay, braces will come off! Wow!

I haven't seen my teeth without braces for two years. That will be so nice not to have these, and be able to eat normal. At the same time, I'm a little scared if everything will go fine. I may find bunch of cavity on my teeth. After braces off, I will have to have general dentist look at my teeth and probably some fixing to go through.

My teeth are sore today. Need good food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment