Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 69 (10 weeks) --- "yes, jaw slid" the dentist said

I had an appointment with orthodontic dentist. I told him my concerned about tilted jaw, and yes. He confirmed. Well, yes, I was right, but then what can we do???

1. Rubber bands. Hoping the jaw moves back. Well it's already two and a half months past (that's 10 weeks!) The chance of my jaw moving back to where supposed to be is slim.

2. Another surgery.
I don't want that. But he said that might be the only way. Shifting happening to the jaw, not teeth.

Possible reason why that happened.
While healing, I must have moved too much. The orthodontic dentist pointed out the rubber bands to shut the jaw together after surgery is the wrong procedure, although all dental surgeons do. Because as lower jaw moves, upper jaw moves. Upper jaw needed to heal without bothered. And if let both jaws free, lower jaw won't affect upper jaw as much which will let that to heal in the right way.

I understand the logic, but it's too late. What can we do? Is my question.
Things are healing up. He said still healing, things could move.

They said this is very rare and almost never happens. Didn't I tell you I'm always 1 % of unlucky mistakes doctors every make?



I didn't take many picture early days, so much to compare, but I just found the one 
I took at the dentist's office when he told me to take off the braces and told me 
my bites were perfect. That was September 11. Almost month ago. 
At that time, I was still wearing rubber bands. 
So it looks like I found out right after I took off all the rubber bands. 
(only a few days laterfrom dentist visit). And the bottom picture is today. 
You can see rubber bands going across to the back. I'm really hoping this will work. 

I also checked what I have been eating. I haven't eaten anything really hard, 
because I just couldn't. One thing I wonder is.. ever since non of my bite 
doesn't bite together, I was eating left side of my mouth. I actually never used the 
other side. Now that's the side bite doesn't go together (going up), and the other side 
is coming down. I wonder if this tilt is something to do with how I eat? 
Then even things are fixed, that could happen at the any time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment