Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fibrous Union

I went to see my orthodontic dentist.

Good news: I got new retainer for free.
Bad news: he said I may have a thing called "Fibrous Union."

What he thinks that happened was: while bones are healing, something got in between. Something like scar tissue. And bone itself didn't connect properly. But first thing that grow is those tissue to connect together. Normally around the bone. But my case, probably things got in between.

That's why jaw isn't set. Still moves.

Okay, that makes perfect sense.
Because right after the surgery, my jaw wasn't in the right position. It tilted.
So we pulled and tried to move. And maybe in result, things got in between.

His opinion: I wouldn't touch it if it doesn't bother you.
Why: I've seen a few people who went though more than one surgery, but every time it got worse.

So he said "less surgery is better."

And "some people, their bone don't grow in the normal rate or something."
and some of them have movable jaw even after several surgery.

He also said "if I can guarantee that will be successful, I will say to have another surgery."

But he's not sure.
I'm not sure.

I will have an appointment with the surgeon next Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment