Sunday, September 22, 2013

After all that --- I must be the unluckiest patient

It's been a year and two months since my jaw surgery. It's been 9 months since my braces are off.
So now what happens? Things were good for first 6 months. That's it.

1. My teeth start shifting. Did I wear retainer? Yes. Mostly. Sometimes I forgot. But that's normal right?

The one tooth next to front teeth went behind the front tooth and pushing that made one of front tooth about a millimeter off line from other tooth.

2. My jaw looks diagonal ... AGAIN.

Well, in a way, the based problem wasn't solved in the first place. So this might be expected. I just hoped it wouldn't happen. My ortho dentist did his best to "LOOK STRAIGHT" because I didn't want to go through another surgery.

3. My upper jaw moves.

This makes me worried. How this move? Well, if I bite upper and jaw together and push, my upper jaw goes up and dow for about 3 to 4 millimeters. Why?? is the question. Only thing I can guess is that my jaw is obviously not secure.


My big question is, IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO?
Probably not. Unless I go in for surgery again. Another $4000?? No way.
But AM I GOING TO BE OKAY? MY FACE IS FALLING APART?
That's scary.

Because my jaw was put together with screws and plates. If they were off, my jaw is off.
And if my jaw is off, it will keep moving. This could shift more, and all. Scary.

So I guess I will have to call the dentist, first. Possibly meet surgeon again.
Fina another surgeon for other opinion.

If they say I would have to have another surgery, what am I going to do?
I don't know. It wasn't fun to go through the surgery and recovery.
And I did it because I thought that will make everything perfect.
Now, there is no guarantee the surgery will be successful, and that will fix my problem.
I will be probably more careful not to move my face at all for first 4 weeks.

And one more thing I realized after all done.
My bottom jaw isn't strait. So in order to match all, bottom jaw has to move, too.
Then the surgery would be a lot more complicated.

People I know said nice things about my teeth, but all that braces only shows my imperfection.
My nose isn't strait. So either look like my teeth are not strait. Or nose isn't strait.
My right cheek is bigger than left cheek. So when I smile, I show uneven cheek, one sticks out more.

My right cheek or jaw bone is sticking out in the first place.
I guess I had this problem. Just didn't see it because I was skinny. Now I have a little fat on my cheek.
Maybe just loose some weight. If that's that easy.

I feel like I shouldn't have done any of these. I just gave up with my over bite and had 20,000 in my pocket. I feel stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to read about your experience. I am 16 weeks post op for upoer jaw surgery. I could eat better and looked better before. My teeth are worse, my jaws till wiggles like yours, and my nose is crooked. My whole face is assymetrical. My smile is worse and themuscles in my cheeks seem wring, i cry every day :( I wish I could get my money back...but even then, I still have a bad result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear your experience, too. I had to get used my new smiles, too. It took another 4 months after the surgery to have braces off. So your smiles could change after that, too. In my case, my jaw god shorter, so I had extra fat in my cheek and looked sagged for a while. (still a bit). I guess. If jaw moves, though, you may want to see the doctor again. I've just seen my doctor today. I will write details in my next post. But possibly need to have another surgery.. (big sigh). Hope you will resolve your case, too.

      Delete